Ingredients: (makes 16-18 muffins)
2 cups caster sugar
3 cups plain flour
1 cup sunflower oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2-3 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped into bite size pieces
2-3 tbsp of brown sugar (optional for the topping)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line pan with muffin cases.
2. Mix together the oil, eggs, sugar and extract.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and and cinnamon. Mixture will be stiff.
4. Add in the chopped apples and fold the mixture to ensure the apples get to the bottom of your bowl.
5. Using a tablespoon, fill your cases about 3/4 full. If using, sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Recipe can be originally found here.
These are delicious both warm and cold. They are also really easy to make as it is pretty much just a 'throw everything into the bowl and mix' recipe!
Check out more tasty treats at Sweets for a Saturday!