Thursday 9 September 2010

Monkey Bread!

September's TSR recipe was chosen by Procrastibaking and was Monkey Bread, the recipe can be found here with lots of photos. I was parted from my camera for the weekend so I'm afraid I only have photos of the finished product taken off my phone camera - so not the best quality!



It was my first time making any kind of bread and so I was a little unsure of how the dough was actually meant to be. It also gave me an excuse to use my bread hook with my new stand mixer that I'd received for my birthday which I believe did a lot of the work! So, with that I left my dough in an oiled bowl for an hour to rise and goodness did it rise!

For my first time with bread I was pretty pleased so I'm sure I'll try again in the future with just a plain loaf and see how that goes!

Monkey Bread
Dough:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided, 2 tablespoons softened and 2 tablespoons melted
1 cup milk, warm (about 110 degrees F)
1/3 cup water, warm (about 110 degrees F)
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 package instant yeast
3¼ cups plain, plus extra for work surface
2 teaspoons salt

 Brown Sugar Coating:
1 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
 Glaze:
1 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoons milk
 Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker. Method can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, your monkey bread looks good.I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete