Monday 6 September 2010

Chocolate Kisses

Sorry for my absence! My laptop charger dramatically died before the weekend so I had to make do with an hour of battery but I am now the owner of a new charger so back to blogging!

This recipe comes from the book "Eat Me!" by Xanthe Milton which I receieved for my birthday. It's a lovely book and I decided to make the recipe for Chocolate Kisses, one because they seemed relatively easy and two, because they could be taken to a friends to eat as I would be away for a good few days.

Chocolate Kisses Ingredients (makes 24)
170g plain chocolate
110g unsalted butter, at room temperature
110g caster sugar
2 eggs
255g plain flour
icing sugar, for dusting
Let's just take a second to appreciate my new storage jars, hm?
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Grease two baking sheets with
butter.
2. Melt the plain chocolate (either in the mircowave or in a bowl over simmering water) Stir the chocolate until it is melted. Leave to cool.

3. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then add the eggs one by one. Sift the flour over this mixture and mix together.

4. Add this mixture to the chocolate and mix thoroughly until the chocolate dough is fully blended. Knead with your knuckles so that the dough is smooth, then wrap in clingilm and chill for about an hour.

5. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll reaspoon-sized balls between your palms. Place the balls on the baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Dust with icing sugar and leave on a wire rack to cool.

Adapted from "Eat Me!" by Xanthe Milton.


These tasted very chocolatey and were tasty but I wasn't sure if they were a biscuit or some sort of cake. I suppose they were meant to be biscuits as they were baked on a tray rather than in cases but still, the texture wasn't that of most biscuits. One of my friends described it as being like a chocolate scone! Perhaps I'll need to try them again another time to see if the texture is any different.


What do you think - cake or biscuit?

No comments:

Post a Comment