Wednesday 1 December 2010

Nutella Muffins!

Another post for you since for my absense the last two weeks. I whipped these up for movie night, and they are based on the recipe at BBC Good Food: Cinnamon Nutella Cake. This was for November's TSR bake club, this week chosen by Peachy Tarts.

I decided to make this cake as muffins instead because, my cake pans were currently lended out and muffins are always nice! 

Ingredients:
  • 175g softened butter
  • 175g golden caster sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 200g self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 4 tbsp milk 
  • Nutella (or a similiar chocolate spread)
Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a muffin/cupcake tin with paper cases.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar, before mixing in the sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and milk. Beat together for around 2-3 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3.  Fill the cases around 3/4 full and add a small blob of the chocolate spread. Then, fill the rest of the case.
4. Bake in the oven for around 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.

My first batch were alright, though the nutella had sank to the bottom (as noted in the comment section) so this time I decided to add the nutella into the mixture. I used an electric mixer for this as due to the cold weather my nutella is quite solid! After mixing in the nutella, I just filled the cases and baked for 20-25 minutes.


Once baked and cooled, I used my usual frosting recipe but added in some nutella. If you do so, just keep taste testing until you have the flavour you want. If you're not up for free styling, there are a couple of nutella frosting recipes on the internet.
These were delicious warm and also cold! I'm (hopefully) off home for a couple of days from university, depending if I can get back in this snowy weather but, fingers crossed, I will be back with a recipe on Tuesday. 

I hope you have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment