Whipped up a quick Pecan and Banana Bread when I was stranded at home due to the snow! You can't go wrong with a warm Banana bread and the pecans were just an added bonus.
125g self raising flour
65g caster sugar
65g light brown sugar
2 ripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a loaf tin with baking paper or grease with butter.
2. Cream together the sugars and the butter until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in one egg before adding half the flour. Repeat.
4. Mash up the bananas in a seperate bowl before stirring into the cake mixutre.
5. Chop up the pecans into small pieces and fold into the mixture, saving some for the top.
6. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, before sprinkling on your remaining pecans.
7. Bake for around 30-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
I'll be back tomorrow with a Christmas related post which I used as a procrastination for revision! So, I'll leave you with a photo of my back garden in the snow...